Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator
Challenging full-time permanent positions with ASANI Solutions, LLC at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, California supporting 250+ IT Professionals in a R&D environment.
Work in an environment that provides the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of challenging space-related information technology research problems with top researchers from around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of System Administrators that are responsible for a heterogeneous computing environment comprising of Linux, Windows, and Macintosh systems and peripherals. The ideal candidate will be well versed in a mix of technologies with an emphasis and motivation to take charge in supporting and maintaining our Windows workstations and servers. Candidate must be able to go above and beyond installation of software and have depth in configuration. Must be able to work in a team to plan, develop, and deploy scalable solutions across hundreds of machines, not simply apply one-time fixes.
Job duties will also include help in developing tools to monitor and maintain systems. Scripting skills to automate tasks are essential. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems on behalf of end users. Work with vendor support staff to track and install new OS releases and patches. Assist product development teams to deploy and support various third party applications. The position also involves day to day support for approximately 250 researchers and administrative staff.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Servers 2012 and 2016 operating systems
- Fluency in at least one scripting/coding language
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory /GPO Management
- MS SQL and IIS Server configurations and security
- Developing baseline OS installs across variety of hardware
- Advance knowledge of Backup/Recovery Applications
- Familiarity with Engineering Tools: AutoCAD, PTC ProE & Windchill, Solidworks, STK
- Virtualization - VMware, KVM
- Storage - SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel
- Understanding of system and network security principles and practices
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision, managing several short and long-term tasks
Linux/MacOS experience is a plus, but not required
Candidate must have at least 10+ years of experience in Microsoft Windows systems administration, or a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and 5+ years of experienc. Good writing and communication skills and an easy-going personality are essential in this team oriented environment.
Compensation for this position is competitive, and based on the candidate's experience.
US Citizenship Required.