Linux Systems Administrator
Challenging full-time permanent positions with ASANI Solutions, LLC. at NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, California supporting 250+ IT Professionals in a R&D environment
Work in an environment that provides the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of challenging space-related information technology research problems with top researchers from around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of System Administrators who are responsible for a heterogeneous computing environment comprising of Linux, Windows, and Macintosh systems and peripherals. The ideal candidate will be well versed in a mix of technologies with an emphasis and motivation to take charge in supporting and maintaining Linux workstations and servers. Candidate must be able to go above and beyond installation of software and standard configuration.
Job duties will include: help in developing tools to monitor and maintain systems; troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems on behalf of end users; developing baseline OS installs across a variety of hardware; work with vendor support staff to track and install new OS releases and patches; assist product development teams to deploy; and support various third party applications. The position also involves day to day customer support for approximately 250 researchers and administrative staff.
An ideal candidate should be an adept team player, with excellent verbal and written communication skills who is capable to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision. Candidate should be customer service oriented and able to balance between project requirements and NASA's strict security policies.
- Advanced knowledge of the Red Hat, Ubuntu Linux operating system
- Advanced YUM repository management
- Advanced knowledge of Apache configuration
- Developing baseline OS installs across variety of hardware
- Cross platform integration of users' accounts using existing Kerberos, Active Directory, and LDAP services
- Proficiency in UNIX scripting Shell, Python
- Understanding of system and network security principles and best practices
- Experience with KVM, Cloud Computing and Cloud Storage Systems
- Experience with databases such as Mariadb and PostgresSQL
- Knowledge of DocuShare Xerox and/or Alfresco software.
- Knowledge of SVN/TRAC/WIKI, and Atlassian products
- Experience with Windows OS and/or MacOS
Candidate must have at least 5+ years of experience in Linux/Unix systems administration or a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field. Good writing and communication skills and an easy-going personality are essential in this team oriented environment.
Compensation for this position is competitive, and based on the candidate's experience.
US Citizenship Required.